Wednesday 4 June 2008

My girl.

We sat facing each other on my red setee, the cushions tried their best to keep us comfortable. The time had slowly crept up on us and it was 6:10, I knew she needed to go but I was enjoying myself too much to mention it. I also really needed the toilet but I put that on hold to finish up our conversation on the very thing I'm doing now - writing. Her passion and love for it excites me. When I hear her talk about it I just want to grab a pen or read a novel or create a masterpiece. Whatever talent or ability I have in me is brought to the surface immediately when she speaks about writing. I've often thought about her gift and what she could do with it, I've envisioned her writing a bestseller or two. Maybe a children's story or an adventure book. She could do anything with words, anything she wants. When I have good things to say about people - I let them have it. It's no good to me but it can be extremely valuable to them. Precious even. I told her what I dreamed for her and her face, perfect as it is, looked straight back at me. Her eyes were wide and sincere. I noticed she had a little beauty spot by her right eye., her blonde hair was off her face allowing her to just be her. She grabbed hold of me and held me close, we were sat down and the hug was almost awkward but that was ok. She said, "I don't think you will ever know how much that meant to me." I have a permanant photograph of that moment, forever in my head.

I love my girl.

No comments: